Article 1 definitions
For this dispute settlement scheme, the following definitions shall apply:
- complaint: an expression of dissatisfaction in writing by, or on behalf of, the client towards the attorney or the persons under the responsibility of the attorney about the formation and the execution of an agreement to provide services, the quality of the service or the amount of the declaration, not being a complaint as referred to in paragraph 4 of the Act on Advocates;
- complainant: the client or the client’s representative who files a complaint;
- complaints officer: the attorney who is charged with the handling of the complaint.
Article 2 scope
- This dispute settlement scheme applies to any agreement to provide services between participants of the collaboration Richard Korver lawyers and the client.
- Every attorney of Richard Korver lawyers is responsible for handling complaints in accordance with the dispute settlement scheme.
Article 3 objectives
The purpose of this dispute settlement scheme is to:
- establish a procedure to deal constructively with the complaints of a client within a reasonable period of time;
- establish a procedure to identify the causes of the complaints of the client;
- maintain and improve existing relationships by means of adequate handling of complaints;
- train staff to respond to complaints in a client-centred manner;
- improve the quality of service by means of handling complaints and complaint analysis.
Article 4 Information upon commencement of service
- This dispute settlement scheme has been made public. Prior to the agreement of the service the attorney will draw the attention of the client to the fact that the office has a dispute settlement scheme and that this applies to the provision of the service.
- Richard Korver lawyers has included in the agreement of services to which independent party or body a complaint that has not been resolved after handling the complaint can be submitted to obtain a binding decision and has made this known at the time of the service agreement.
- Complaints as referred to in Article 1 of this dispute settlement scheme that have not been resolved after they have been dealt with may, at the discretion of the client or because of the nature of the complaint, be submitted to either the Dean of The Amsterdam Bar Association or the District Court in Amsterdam.
Article 5 internal complaints procedure
- If a client approaches the firm with a complaint about mr. Hoogenboom, mr. Van Rossen or mr. Adeel the complaint will be forwarded to mr. Korver. If a client approaches the firm with a complaint about mr. Korver, the complaint will be forwarded to mr. Lousberg of Petronius Advocaten, who will act as the complaints officer.
- The complaints officer informs the person involved in the complaint of the filing of the complaint and gives the complainant and the person involved in the complaint the opportunity to comment on the complaint.
- The person involved in the complaint tries to reach a solution together with the client, whether or not after intervention of the complaints officer.
- The complaints officer shall deal with the complaint within four weeks after receipt thereof. Should a reason arise that prevents the resolution of the complaint within this period, the reason shall be communicated to the complainant with notification of the period in which the complaints officer is able to come to a resolution.
- The complaints officer informs the complainant and the person involved in the complaint in writing of the judgement on the validity of the complaint, whether or not accompanied by recommendations.
- If the complaint has been dealt with satisfactorily, the complainant, the complaints officer and the person involved in the complaint will sign the judgment on the validity of the complaint.
Article 6 confidentiality and handling of complaints free of charge
- The complaints officer and the person involved in the complaint preserve confidentiality in the handling of complaints.
- The complainant shall not be required to pay the costs of handling the complaint.
Artikel 7 responsibilities
- The complaints officer is responsible for the timely handling of the complaint.
- The person involved in the complaint keeps the complaints officer informed if contact occurs and of a potential solution.
- The complaints officer keeps the person involved in the complaint informed about the handling of the complaint.
- The complaints officer keeps the complaint file up to date.
Artikel 8 complaints registration
- The complaints officer registers the complaint together with the subject of the complaint.
- A complaint can be divided into several subjects.
- The complaints officer shall periodically report on the handling of complaints and make recommendations for the prevention of new complaints and the improvement of procedures.
- At least once a year the reports and recommendations are discussed at the office and presented for decision-making.